Child Care Subsidy
The Child Care Subsidy or CCS is assistance provided by the Australian Government to assist families with the cost of child care. The CCS commenced on 2 July 2018, and:
- replaced the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) with a single, means-tested subsidy
- is generally paid directly to child care providers to be passed on to families
- is simpler than the previous multi-payment system
- is better targeted and provides more assistance to low and middle income families.
Step 1. Get ready to claim
The easiest way to claim is online.
To claim online, you need a MyGov account linked to Centrelink.
If you don’t have a MyGov account or a Centrelink online account you’ll need to set them up.
- You may need to confirm your identify with us before you start your claim.
- If you can’t claim online call the families line.
Step 2. Get your documents ready
You’ll need to get some supporting documents ready to help answer some of the questions in the claim.
Step 3. Make your claim
- Sign in to MyGov and go to Centrelink.
- Select Payment and Claims from the menu, then Claims, then Make a claim.
- Under Families, select Get started.
- Answer all the questions. Each screen has information to help you complete the claim. This includes how to submit your supporting documents.
- Submit your claim.
For help, use the online guide to claim Child Care Subsidy.
You’ll need to do a new claim for each child when they start child care.
Step 4. Track your claim
After you submit your claim online, you’ll get a receipt telling you:
- That you’ve successfully submitted your claim
- The ID number of your claim
- The date we estimate your claim will be complete
- A link to track its progress
To track the progress of your claim online, sign in to MyGov and go to Centrelink, or use the Express Plus Centrelink mobile app.
If you completed your claim but the enrolment details were missing, you need to take action. Mulberry Cottage will submit these details so you can confirm them.